EDIT: out of stock until further notice.
After the initial run of these I didn't plan on making another batch, however, due to demand I am going to consider making ONE more run of them. Here's the deal. I am going to take deposits from now until Christmas 2022. If MINIMUM 10 deposits are recieved by 12/25/22, I will produce a batch of them. The lead time will be around 8-10 weeks after Christmas to be shipped. If I do not recieve 10 deposits by 12/25/22 I will refund all deposits.
Balance of funds will be due when the benders are ready to be shipped. Please note, if 10 deposits are recieved and the production order goes through, the deposit is then considered non-refundable (but can be transferred).
Total cost, including deposit:
PICKUP IN BUFFALO: $2600
COMMERCIAL LIFTGATE: $3200
RESIDENTIAL LIFTGATE: $3250
PICKUP AT HUB: $2900
Any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
I've been using a tubing bender similar to this to build every bike I've ever built. Over the years I made some considerable modifications to mine to make it more useful for motorcycle fabrication. This CTNEWMAN ENGINEERING product captures all the modifications I've made in one package.
Commercial DOCK/FORKLIFT Shipping - you have a truck height loading dock or a forklift available at this location
Commercial LIFTGATE Shipping - The address is a commercial address but no forklift or loading dock available
Residential LIFTGATE delivery - Shipping right to your house. Please ensure that semi trucks are able to get to your location. Usually the drivers will let you use their pallet jacks to roll the pallet into your garage/shop, but not a guarantee
PICKUP AT HUB - The most economical option. Check which hub you would be picking up from by entering your zip code here: FREIGHT HUB LOCATIONS
Pickup in Buffalo/use your own freight account - please get in touch with me before choosing this option.
DON'T WANT TO READ ALL THIS BELOW? Watch these videos:
Description and use tutorial: LINK
Software tutorial: LINK
There's a lot to say about it, so buckle up!
- Vertical design allows use of digital angle finder to measure bends, even after springback. No more dealing with the horizontal degree wheel, and no need to bolt it to your floor to use. Roll it into a corner when not needed.
- Includes ultra tight 1" OD X 1.9" CLR bending die. Capable making multiple bends very close together (as close as 1"). Also includes 1" OD X 3.0" CLR die.
- For all other die sizes, use Pro-Tools dies.
- Huge CLR capacity. Capable of bending outside diameters up to 22". Great for DIY wooden dies (information on how to do this included with instructions)
- Capable of accepting dies for 2" OD tube
- 100 degrees of arm swing without resetting pins
- 3/4 laminated A36 steel construction. Main bending frame constructed form two layers of 3/8 steel for maximum durability
- Work table with holder for clamps, wrenches, pins, hammer
- Side mount die rack with room for up to 4 dies.
- Die rack and work table can be removed if bend clearance is needed.
- Shelf area for powerpack
- Wheels, hydraulic ram, hardware, pins, and springs come standard.
- Configurable handlebar cad models for 4 bend and 6 bend bars include. Uses Fusion 360 which can be used for free as a "hobbyist". The bending files are simple to use, no cad experience required, instructions provided.
- Detailed instructions for assembly and use.
- Steel bender frame, basic welding and assembly required.
- Heavy duty 3500psi hydraulic ram, with breather and right angle fitting
- 1.0 OD X 1.9 CLR Bending die set
- 1.0 OD X 3.0 CLR Bending die set
- Hardware kit (bolts, pins, tube clamp, springs)
- Caster wheels (4)
- Flash drive with CAD files and other programs
What's NOT included:
- Hydraulic power pack: because there are several ways to run the hydraulic cylinder, I am leaving that up to the end user. Multiple options for that exist. Below are some of the cheaper options available. I don't endorse any of these, though. Use at your own risk. Many of these options can apply greater than the pressure rating of the cylinder. Use care to ensure not to apply excessive pressure to a fully extended ram.
1) Air/hydraulic: most people will use this method as it's likely the easiest.
Example: Amazon power pack $125
2) Hand pump: for users without an air compressor
Example: Amazon hand pump $96
3) Electric/Hydraulic: plug it into a wall
Example: Vevor power unit $250
- A computer to run the bending software.
In order to run the bending software, you must download and install Fusion 360. This is a cad program that is free to use for "hobbyists". Visit the link below to download the program. Files will be included to be used in conjunction with this program.
AUTODESK FUSION 360
- Digital angle finder. Something like THIS from Harbor Freight works surprisingly well. There are cheaper and more expensive options out there.